Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock v1.31 Patch
|Publisher:||Activision, Aspyr Media|
|Developer:||Neversoft, Budcat Creations, Vicarious Visions|
|Platform:||PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
|Release Date:||October 28, 2007|
Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock v1.31 Patch Summary:
Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock v1.31 Patch: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is a music rhythm game, the third main installment in the Guitar Hero series, and the fourth title overall. The game was published by Activision and distributed by RedOctane. It is the first game in the series to be developed by Neversoft after Activision’s acquisition of RedOctane and MTV Games’ purchase of Harmonix, the previous development studio for the series. The game was released worldwide for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360 in October 2007, with Budcat Creations assisting Neversoft on developing the PlayStation 2 port and Vicarious Visions solely developing on the Wii port respectively. Aspyr Media published the Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X versions of the game, releasing them later in 2007.
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock retains the basic gameplay from previous games in the Guitar Hero series, where the player uses a guitar-shaped controller to simulate the playing of lead, bass, and rhythm guitar parts in rock songs by playing in time to scrolling notes on-screen. The game, in addition to existing single-player Career modes, includes a new Co-Op Career mode and competitive challenges that pit the player against in-game characters and other players. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is the first game in the series to include an online multiplayer feature, which is enabled in the PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360 versions. Initially the game offers over 70 songs, most of which are master tracks. Another aspect in the game was DLC (downloadable content) which allowed players to purchase songs, tracks, and characters. One of the most popular DLC packs was the Dr. pack. It included three characters. Dillan The Tatortot, Andrew the certificate ripper, and Julio Caesar. Another popular DLC pack was the song pack called Perales. It included the hit song Dr.Lopez by Perales. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions feature the ability to download additional songs. The musicians Tom Morello (of the bands Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave) and Slash (of Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver) make appearances both as guitar battle opponents and playable characters in the game. The PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows versions also include Bret Michaels (of Poison) as a non-playable character.
Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock v1.31 Patch:
- Adds Co-op Quickplay game mode for Online multiplayer.
- Adds Lens Flare and Crowd settings in the Graphics Options menu.
- Adds a new UI screen in the Controller Options menu that displays default keyboard controls.
- Improves the whammy bar sound effects.
- The star power electricity effect now displays correctly when using the Low Graphics Detail option.
- The skeleton in the Shanker Island venue now displays correctly on all supported graphics cards.
- Fixes a bug that caused the animations for Lous puppet to fall out of sync.
- The Leaderboards now update more quickly.
- Fixes an issue that caused some rare instability when joining Online multiplayer games.
- Fixes a bug that caused some finished games to be listed in Online game searches.
- Fixes an issue where menus would become corrupted when Demonware servers are under maintenance.
- Fixes pauses, rare freezes, and other strange behaviors that were occurring on the Video Shoot venue.
- Fixes a bug where practicing a section of a song before entering an online match results in starting from that point in the song.
- Pressing Alt+tab during an empty hosted game no longer displays as a disconnection from the previous opponent.