NHL 2006 Retail Patch 2 Update
|Developer:||Kush Games Visual Concepts|
|Platform:||PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360|
|Release Date:||September 6, 2005|
NHL 2006 Retail Patch 2 Update Summary:
NHL 2006 Retail Patch 2 Update: NHL 2K6 is an ice hockey simulation made by 2K Sports, and published on the Xbox, PlayStation 2, and Xbox 360 consoles. It features goaltender Marty Turco on the cover of games sold in the United States, and forward Mats Sundin on the cover of games sold in Canada.
The game brings all the features from the previous year’s game, ESPN NHL 2K5, along with others. It features a new “crease control” system, which allows you to control your team’s goalie and make critical saves. Also, it implements the new NHL shootout system as the default.
The game is also the first ice hockey simulation to be made for the Xbox 360. It was priced at USD $19.99 for the Xbox and PlayStation 2 and $59.99 for the Xbox 360.
NHL 2006 Retail Patch 2 Update:
- Issue with edited players saved within a game mode.
- Compatibility for Saitek P2500 and P3000 controllers.
- Compatibility for non-SSE chipsets such as the AMD Thunderbird.
- This patch fixes the Roster Update problem found in the NHL06 PC version.
- It was discovered that any new roster updates were being overwritten by the default rosters from the game disc. Thus, this patch was created to allow proper Roster Updates to take place.