Pacific Fighters Patch v4.04 Update
|Publisher:||1C Company, UbiSoft|
|Genre:||Combat flight simulator|
|Release Date:||October 22, 2004|
Pacific Fighters Patch v4.04 Update Summary:
Pacific Fighters Patch v4.04 Update: Pacific Fighters, known in Russia as Pearl Harbor, is a World War II combat flight simulator for Microsoft Windows, released in 2004. It is played online by gamers (Online fighter squadron communities) using a standard IP address or a client server such as “hyperlobby” regularly but can be flown offline as well. The latest version corresponds to the IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 compilation, developed by 1C:Maddox Games and distributed by Ubisoft in 2006.
The game gives the player 74 flyable aircraft, including variants. It was created by Maddox Games, as a Pacific War expansion of IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, although it can also be installed as a stand-alone game. It has two types of missions that can be flown, “dogfights” or “cooperative campaign” modes. In either type, the player can play as either Allied or Axis forces, and the type of aircraft flown usually depends on the mission picked. The game also features a mission editor, allowing the player to make their own missions.
Pacific Fighters Patch v4.04 Update:
- The current version 4.04 (4.04m) is not compatible with the previous versions of the sim when playing over the network (Online). Both the server and client must have the appropriate versions in order to connect.
- For your convenience, we have introduced different version numbers for the stand-alone installation and the merged (FB+AEP+PF) install.
4.04 – for stand-alone PF
4.04m – for merged (FB+AEP+PF)
Attention: versions 4.04 and 4.04m are not compatible with each other when playing over the network (Online).
- The 4.04 free add-on installs only over 4.03 (PF stand alone). The 4.04m free add-on installs only over 4.03m (FB+AEP+PF merged).
- If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: “copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll”; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll).
- New Slovak Bf-109 skins – Robert “Robo.” Ulbrik, Peter “Foo’bar” Schaller
PAM – Szalai Viktor