Rise Of Nations 1.02 Patch Update
|Publisher:||Microsoft Game Studios|
|Developer:||Big Huge Games|
|Platform:||Microsoft Windows, OS X|
|Release Date:||May 20, 2003|
Rise Of Nations 1.02 Patch Update Summary:
Rise Of Nations 1.02 Patch Update: Rise of Nations is a real-time strategy computer game, developed by Big Huge Games and published by Microsoft Game Studios on May 20, 2003. The development of the game was led by veteran game designer Brian Reynolds, of Civilization II and Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri. The game has taken several concepts from turn-based strategy games such as territories and attrition warfare. Rise of Nations features 18 civilizations, playable through 8 ages of world history.
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition is a re-release of the main game and its expansion on Steam, released on June 12, 2014. Graphical changes to the game include updated textures, lighting and water. Other changes to the game include Steamworks integration which adds cloud saves, Steam Trading Cards, achievements, Twitch integration and multiplayer with Elo ranked matches to the game. Extended Edition is developed by SkyBox Labs.
Rise Of Nations 1.02 Patch Update:
- The Rise of Nations Update v1.02 is primarily focused on multiplayer (MP) issues. This manual patch is only necessary if you are having trouble autopatching the game. If you encounter any errors installing the new patch, you should uninstall, install the game again and then apply the new patch.
- Added a semi-documented way of adjusting the colors as requested by some colorblind players. Thanks to Ike for putting it in and providing a sample set of colors.
- MP Lag seems to be fixed even for severe clock drift. The major MP lag issue was not related to network bandwidth.
- MP ratings are fixed. Ratings will be reset as the current ones are not meaningful.
- GameSpy Arcade and the in-game matchmaking services are now compatible.