Max Payne 3 Update Patch
|Platform:||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, OS X|
|Release Date:||May 15, 2012|
Max Payne 3 Update Patch Summary:
Max Payne 3 Update Patch: Max Payne 3 is a third-person shooter video game developed by Rockstar Studios[a] and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 15 May 2012 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360; a Microsoft Windows port was released on 31 May 2012, followed by an OS X port on 20 June 2013. The game is the first entry in the Max Payne series since 2003’s Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, developed by Remedy Entertainment.
The game is played from a third-person perspective. Throughout the single-player mode, players control Max Payne, a former detective who has become a vigilante after the murder of his wife and daughter. Nine years after the events of the second game, Max becomes employed as a private security contractor in Brazil, but quickly becomes entangled in a quest filled with death and betrayal. An online multiplayer mode is included with the game, allowing up to 16 players to engage in both cooperative and competitive gameplay in re-creations of multiple single-player settings.
As part of their research for the game’s setting, the developers conducted field research around São Paulo throughout development and captured footage for the design team. Development duties were shared between many of Rockstar’s studios worldwide. At release, it was acclaimed by many reviewers, with praise particularly directed at the story and action, though some criticism was aimed at the change in style from its predecessors. Max Payne 3 received high sales, shipping approximately three million units in the first week of release. It was nominated for multiple year-end accolades from several gaming publications, winning a variety of them.
Max Payne 3 Update Patch:
- Slightly increased the rate of fire and the accuracy of the IMG 5.56 and fixed an issue where it would occasionally jam between bursts.
- Fixed a reloading issue with the M24.
- Fixed an issue where the auto 9mm would sometimes change fire mode when toggling the laser sight on/off.
- Fixed an issue where the scope and laser attachments for the IA2 AR rifle would occasionally not work.
- Fixed an issue where the grenade indicators would sometimes not display correctly.
- Improved fix for instance of players occasionally getting stuck in cover during the single player campaign.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally have trouble aiming using Southpaw controls in the single player campaign.
- Fixed an issue where certain users received an error message when selecting Social Club from the Main Menu.
- Fixed an issue with signing up to Social Club in-game for Japanese users.