LOTR Fellowship of the Ring Patch
|Publisher:||Black Label Games|
|Platform:||Xbox, PlayStation 2, Windows, Game Boy Advance|
|Release Date:||September 24, 2002|
LOTR Fellowship of the Ring Patch Summary:
LOTR Fellowship of the Ring Patch: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is a 2002 action-adventure video game developed by WXP Games for the Xbox. It was ported to the PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Windows by Surreal Software, and to the Game Boy Advance by Pocket Studios. The game was published by Black Label Games, a publishing wing of Vivendi Universal Games. In North America, it was released for Xbox and Game Boy Advance in September, and for PlayStation 2 and Windows in October. In Europe, it was released for Xbox, Windows and Game Boy Advance in November, and for PlayStation 2 in December.
The game is an officially licensed adaptation of J. R. R. Tolkien’s 1954 novel, The Fellowship of the Ring, the first volume in his Lord of the Rings trilogy. Although the game was released roughly a year after Peter Jackson’s film The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and several weeks prior to his The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, it has no relationship with the film series. This is because, at the time, Vivendi, in partnership with Tolkien Enterprises, held the rights to the video game adaptations of Tolkien’s literary works, whilst Electronic Arts held the rights to the video game adaptations of the New Line Cinema films. EA chose not to publish a game based on Jackson’s Fellowship film, although they did incorporate some of the plot and footage into their 2002 Two Towers game, which was released a few weeks after Vivendi’s Fellowship game.
LOTR Fellowship of the Ring Patch:
- Performance of video playback has been significantly improved.
- Fixed bug where minimizing the game window would only pause the game the first time.
- Optimized landscape rendering.
- Fixed recent landscape flickering problem.
- Cleanup to streaming sound duplicate buffer code.
- Fixed the sound/movie crash that happened on some machines when changing/skipping movies.
- Mouse sensitivity slider no longer disables mouse entirely when adjusted to zero.
- Fixed bug where short sounds were not playing 3D
- Fixed a few more sound issues, including the fix for a rare crash
- Replaced EAX environmental audio effect support with DirectX 8 IA3DL2 support.
- Fixed 2nd Gimli in Labyrinth (after elevator) having the intro conversation handler.